The South Atlantic Yacht Racing Association presents:
TANZER 16 2022 SAYRA ONE-DESIGN CHAMPIONSHIP
Racing shall be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing. Each individual event will be governed by the host event’s Notice of Race (NOR) and Sailing Instructions (SI).
All members in good standing of the Tanzer 16 Class Association at the time of the event are eligible to compete and be counted as a “beaten boat”.
Qualification and Scoring:
A skipper’s participation in two (2) SAYRA regattas is required to qualify for the Tanzer 16 2022 SAYRA One-Design Championship (Championship).
Three bonus points will be assigned to each skipper who attends a Championship event and is recorded by the Race Committee as a starter in at least one race. Only three (3) bonus points may be earned by any skipper per Championship event. In addition, one point will be awarded for each SAYRA-eligible boat a skipper finishes ahead of (“beaten boat”) in the final standings of each Championship event.
Each skipper’s three (3) highest point scoring weekends from the following five (5) Championship events will count towards Championship scoring. The skipper with the most points wins the Championship.
Schedule of Championship Events:
- May 21-22: Districts with Blackbeard Spring One-Design Regatta, New Bern, NC
- Jun 4-5: States with Mayor’s Cup, Lake Townsend, Greensboro, NC
- Jun 18-19: CSC Governor’s Cup Regatta, Henderson Point, Kerr Lake, NC
- Jul 24: Miller Time Regatta with CSC Racing Series, Kerr Lake, NC (23rd alt date for weather)
- Oct 1-2: Nationals with WSC Indian Summer Regatta, Lake Waccamaw, NC
The 2022 SAYRA One-Design Championship trophy will be presented at the 2023 Tanzer 16 Winter Social.